quinta-feira, 19 de novembro de 2009

days with my father


Phillip Toledano is a very talented photographer. He has recently signed a book deal for his online project "Days With My Father". This project documents in photographs and words the moments the artist spends with his 98 year old father, who suffers from a short-term memory impairment. I love everything about this project. Its beauty, honesty, simplicity.

NOTHING cheers up my dad, like stories of my success. So if he's down, or obsessing about something, I'll immediately conjure up a blossoming career. I'm shooting for the New York Times. The New Yorker. Multi-million dollar advertising campaigns. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not. But it doesn't matter. The important thing is to fill him with as much joy as I can. His face bursts with happiness. He'll say "I have to tell ALL my friends, my son is famous!".

2 comentários:

ecila disse...

"Days with my father" is a collection of beautiful photos that tell a heart warming story. Both the work and the testimony are wonderful :-)

jellyfish disse...

I love it! Especially how the photographs and the words match perfectly and capture the nature of the father so well. It's a wonderful confession from a child to a parent.